Thursday 24 September 2009

Wasted Youth, Pt. 6


This time my flight was delayed 1 hour due to "mechanical issues". The counter did not give a new estimated departure time, but just said "please wait". I sat there for quite a while, and was getting really hungry, so I decided to go get something to eat. I figured I could just check the screen later to see when the flight was going to leave. Well, a quarter of the way through my meal, I happened to glance over at the departures screen, and noticed next to my flight number, the blinking word "BOARDING". Wtf? No warning? Just straight from delayed to boarding?? So I had to scarf down my food in record time, and hussle back to the gate. Well, I made it ok, but I had the biggest case of indigestion. Stupid airline.

Airline: China Eastern
Route: Shanghai - Guangzhou
Delayed flights: 6
Total time spent waiting: 8.5 hours

1 comment:

SpicyKungFu said...

These airlines all suck, pretty much.