Wednesday 16 September 2009

The 100RMB Challenge - Day 3

I thought today would be a good day to stop at the fruit stand, since I've mostly just been eating rice and noodles so far..


I got a couple of bananas.


Total for breakfast: 2.4RMB (US$0.35)


For lunch today, I had a nice bowl of beef noodles.


Total for lunch: 7RMB (US$1.03)


And for dinner, I kept it ultra simple and boiled some dumplings, adding a bit of left over vegetables.


Total for dinner: 4.2RMB (US$0.62)


Total spent today: 13.6RMB (US$1.99)


Remaining money for the week: 60.7RMB (US$8.89)


AND I'm ahead by 3.3RMB! Man, at this rate, I might even have enough to buy a beer at the end of the week!!

4 comments:

RICHARD LIM said...

well done dude..keep it up! does it means no shopping as well?:)

SpicyKungFu said...

I can't believe you're really doing this. Sounds like a good diet plan to me, except I would get sick if I ate those noodles, most likely. I spent 72rmb on lunch. Garden Salad + Chicken + Blueberry smoothie.

Ames*One said...

You of no faith, SpicyKungfu! You're right though, these places aren't the most hygienic; but actually, they all taste pretty good! Although I do have to admit, I am getting pretty tired of noodles noodles noodles..

Unknown said...

I just realized i have a blogspot account too.
can't believe you lived thru 4 days of it. btw your beef noodles look delicious tho your prolly tired of it