Thursday 17 September 2009

The 100RMB Challenge - Day 4

Breakfast this morning was a "zhua bing" - a greasy crepe, with green onions and an egg inside, all wrapped around a sausage - basically a heart attack to go.


Total for breakfast: 3RMB (US$0.44)


Lunch. Seems like I'm eating oodles of noodles this week, and although they are great, to be honest, I'm starting to get a little tired of it. But that's one of the few things within my budget. So here I am again at yet another noodle shop. This time my bowl is topped with preserved vegetables and minced pork.


They tasted good, but if I have to eat another bowl of soup noodles this week, I think I may develop a permanent gag reflex to them.


Total for lunch: 5RMB (US$0.73)


On the way home from work, I dropped by the outdoor market again and picked up some more vegetables which cost 2.4RMB (US$0.35). I also got some chicken wings from the supermarket for 4.9RMB (US$0.72). Dinner consisted of hot and sour wings, and stir-fried morning glory with bean curd sauce.


Total for dinner: 7.3RMB (US$1.07)


Total spent today: 15.3RMB (US$2.24)


Money remaining for the week: 45.4RMB (US$6.65)


I was slightly over my daily allowance, but again, I still have vegetables and some chicken wings left, so I'm good. With all this extra food in my fridge, I'm starting to think that I can break the bank on Friday and Saturday and not have to spend any money on Sunday! A little early to tell for sure, but I'm feeling cautiously confident.

No comments: