Saturday 19 September 2009

The 100RMB Challenge - Day 6

Last night, I ended up staying in and caught up on some TV, keeping what was left of my money intact. This morning I got up early and won the Pro Circuit Table Tennis Tournament on Wii! Woot woot! By the time I finished that, it was time for a late breakfast. I went down to the market and picked up a head of cabbage for 1RMB (US$0.15) and minced pork for 3.1RMB (US$0.45).


With that, and a bit of flour and some sprinkles, I made one of my favourite weekend foods - okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake).


Total for breakfast: 4.1RMB (US$0.60)


Since my breakfast was pretty late, for lunch, I just made a cabbage salad with a simple Japanese radish dressing.


Total for lunch: 0RMB (remember I said cost does not include sauces or seasoning)


Right now, I basically have enough food in the fridge to last till the end of Sunday. And I still have 34.1RMB (US$4.99) burning a hole in my pocket, so I'm basically home free! EXCEPT, that my friend from L.A. just flew into town and wants to go for dinner tonight. However, it's on his company, and it's work related, so I can justify that as a "business dinner".


Total for dinner: 0RMB


Total spent today: 4.1RMB (US$0.60)


Money remaining this week: 34.1RMB (US$4.99)


1 comment:

Purrrl said...

You know how to make okonomiyaki?! Big ups.