Sunday 5 August 2012

99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall..

Actually, we made it to 100!  And to celebrate this drinking century, here's a look back:

Best Overall:
The current champ with a record 10 wins in a row is Asahi "The Master" Pilsner, scoring 8.95/10.






Best Dark Beer:
We haven't tested too many, but my favourite is Yebisu Premium, with a score of 7.65/10.






Best Summer Beer:
This is a tough one, because all the lighter beers tend to taste pretty similar.  But I'd have to say Molson Canadian for its clean and clear taste (the fact that I was drinking it while having a bbq in my backyard on a warm August afternoon probably had something to do with my decision)..


Cheapest:
At only 0.34¢ a can (0.10¢/100mL), Blue Diamond is value.  Tastes like water, but ideal for drunks on a budget.





Most Expensive:
It was a tie between 2 of the imported fruit beers at almost $2.50 for a small 250mL bottle (0.98¢/100mL) - Fruli Strawberry Beer and Liefmans Fruit Beer. They both tasted like coolers.  Save your money and buy a Zima if that's what you really want to drink (although I have no idea who would except for high school kids).

  
Best Value for Money:
Suntory "The Straight", weighing in at 6% alcohol and only $1.34 a can, it scored a decent 6.75/10.






Most Consistent Brand:
Definitely my favourite go to brand when I can find it is Yebisu.  It's on the pricey side at about $2.60 a can, but on average, their beers score 8/10.  Plus the cans look cool.

No comments: