Friday 26 October 2012

Red Carpet Blues


I was invited to the Shanghai edition of this year's Elle Style Awards.  Victor & Rolf and Christian Louboutin were there to accept awards.  But apart from them, unfortunately, I'm not up on my Chinese celebrities, so I had no idea who everyone was fawning over and trying to take pictures with.  They were tall and good looking and I'm sure very good at whatever it is they do, but I was neither here nor there..

Having been to my fair share of events in Shanghai, what I'm always surprised at/disappointed in is that no one ever stays to party!  It's always like as soon as the show is over, and people have got their pics to post on their social media to say that they were there, they're out.  Any other city where there's a DJ and free flow booze, you can't get people to leave!  It doesn't seem like there's a culture here of just hanging out for the sake of socializing and getting eff'd up on free champagne.  What's up Shanghai??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i agree! though i haven't been to many of these events here. just one actually - for philip lim. and yup, as soon as the show was over ppl started leaving....it was weird.