Sunday 16 January 2011

The Morning After

I've had the worst flu the last 2 days. Usually, I don't take medicine when I'm feeling ill and instead just try to remedy myself through natural means; but this time I felt like I was never gonna come out of this shivering and sweaty fetal position and wanted to die right there on the couch under my pile of blankets.

So I gave in and asked my helper to pick up some medicine for me. Of course she doesn't come back with Tylenol and Neocitran. But instead, some gnarly looking vials of Chinese liquid. She said it's what a lot of people take here when they're sick. Everything was written in Chinese, so I just had to take her word for it. What other choice did I have?

I guess it did the trick though, as I'm at least (barely) walking around today..

No comments: