Tuesday 24 November 2009

Parting Shot

My old Canon IXY Digital L from Japan (thank you Akiko!) finally died after 5+ years. That little camera went with me everywhere and I got a lot of great shots out of it. Made of stainless steel, it managed to get banged around quite a bit, either in one of my bags or in my back pocket, until finally the LCD gave out. Here is the final shot that it gave me. I think it just caught a bit of my finger in the lens before it headed towards the light.. R.I.P. little friend.


I'm temporarily using my dad's old Olympus FE-220 as my carry around, which, although is newer and has higher resolution, actually takes worse pictures and is super slow. It's a great beginner's camera for a non-technical person like my mom or dad, who just wants to capture the occasional family gathering or take pictures of flowers, but for someone who needs a lot of manual controls, it's pretty frustrating trying to get the shots you want.


Anyways, good excuse for an upgrade. I'm thinking GF1.


No comments: