Monday 30 March 2009

Beijing Live

I just came back from a few days in Beijing.  Hooked up with my boy Jan, a.k.a. DJ Lomang (www.lomang.com), and managed to get out a couple nights.  On Saturday, he was spinning with DJ Wordy at this great live music venue called YuGong YiShan (yugongyishan.ning.com).  They killed it with a dope set, pulling out all my favourite back in the day old skool hip-hop tracks, mixing in some jazzy beats, a little funk, and even some Jimi Hendrix.  If you're in Beijing, and you love the Golden Era of hip-hop and the art of rocking the turntables as much as I do, look out for their parties - you will not be disappointed.

That night also had a live local reggae band.  Now normally, I'm not really down with live bands, but to see the crowd really getting into the music and enjoying themselves was refreshing.  The positive vibe was infectious.  Big props to Beijing for doing your thing.

No comments: