Sunday 26 October 2008

Thanks Dad

So I just came back from our Disney creative camp in Florida.  It was cool meeting the designers and character artists from the other regions.  Some of the highlights were getting to meet John Lasseter, the creative head of Pixar studios, and being taken on a behind the scenes tour of Disney World (if only you knew...).

We also had a project to do prior to the camp, which we had to bring with us to exhibit.  The brief was to create a piece which reflects the specific event or object in your life which led to this creative career path.

I think my turning point was when my dad gave me his old Nikon F camera.  It got me interested in photography and from there, things just kind of fell into place.

(And see - I managed to use that window sticker pattern from my previous post - I knew it would come in handy!)

What was YOUR turning point?

No comments: